We are extremely proud and humbled to officially announce that Nextra Chermside Newsagency has been recognised as the Australian Medium Retailer of the Year 2015 by the National Retail Association. This award represents a significant milestone for our business. In the past, we have been fortunate to achieve success in many industry awards programs that are exclusively for newsagents. However, nominations for this latest accolade were open to retailers from all Australian markets. To attain first place is a credit to our wonderful team of 60 staff, our valued business partners and of course, you as a loyal customer. Indeed, just as always, this is a win for the Chermside community as a whole.
The Australian Medium Retailer of the Year Award recognises the retailer who demonstrates the highest levels of individuality, innovative merchandising, financial success and quality service based on a keen understanding of their customer base. This category contemplates businesses that have between 20 and 199 employees. The Rewards for Excellence Dinner was held on 02 June 2015 at the Pullman Melbourne on the Park. As you may likely be aware, the National Retail Association (‘NRA’) is Australia’s largest and most representative retail industry organisation.
For almost 100 years, the NRA has represented the interests of the retail, fast food and broader service sector, delivering critical information and advice to thousands of businesses nationally – from the smallest corner store, to the majority of Australia’s largest retail chains and franchise groups.
We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank Trevor Evans (CEO), Bianca Seeto (Deputy CEO) and the dedicated team at the NRA for their profound support of the Australian retail industry. Your visions and goals for retail are inspiring and keep us motivated to be the best business operators we can be. A further congratulations should also be extended to our fellow awardees at the ceremony:
- Small Retailer of the Year: Sleepdoctor & holy Sheet! Campbelltown
- Large Retailer of the Year: Supercheap Auto
- Franchisee of the Year: Boost Juice Sunnybank and Boost Juice Toombul
- Employer of the Year: Billabong Group
- Multichannel Retailer of the Year: The Co-op
- Training Excellence Award: Jeanswest
- Innovation Excellence Award: Scotch & Soda
- Sustainability Excellence Award: LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
- Safety Excellence Award: Harris Scarfe
- Golden Anniversary: celebrating 50 years of NRA membership: Wallace Bishop Group
- HR Practitioner of the Year: Stewart Silk, Michael Hill
- CEO of the Year: Anthony Lowings, KFC Australia
- NRA Supreme Award – Retailer of the Year: Super Retail Group
On behalf of the Hickey Family and the team at Nextra Chermside Newsagency, we thank you for supporting our business.
Shannon Hickey and Mitch Hughes
Area Manager and Marketing & eBusiness Manager, Nextra Chermside Newsagency