Mmm, you should experience the beautiful scents in our store at Westfield Chermside! We have just received the amazing range of Heart & Home candles from History & Heraldry. These fragrance-rich natural soy wax candles are created to fill your home with evocative scents and designed to look stylish anywhere. The selection of fragrances capture every mood from sweet floral meadows to the aromas of home baking, while powerful wood–based scents compliment truly feminine perfumes. Each has a subtle twist to ignite your imagination as well as your senses.
History & Heraldry have worked alongside some of the leading perfumers in the industry to create a range of three distinctive aromas that will envelop the heart of your home:
- Bring the outside in with Cottage Garden
- Conjure up delectable culinary delights with Country Kitchen
- Lose yourself in the indulgent aromas of Pure Bliss
History & Heraldry’s decision to use the finest American soy wax lays at the core of the development of Heart & Home range as they share the same concerns that our customers do about the impact the products they manufacture have on the environment. Soy wax is renewable, sustainable and kinder to our world.
Made from a unique soy bean formulation, this non-toxic wax is not only biodegradable, but creates a candle that burns slowly at a lower temperature than paraffin wax. Choosing Heart & Home’s soy-based candle range means you will not only enjoy a more enhanced scent experience, but you can do so in the knowledge that this gorgeous indulgence has its heart in nature.
The fragrances include:
- Mediterranean Fig
- Rambling Rose
- French Vanilla
- Cinnamon Spice
- Sweet Cherries
- Welcome Home
- True Enchantment
- Simply Spa
- Sea Grass
- Fresh Linen (and more!)
You could WIN one of two great bicycles just for doing your Back to School shopping at Nextra Chermside Newsagency. To enter our exclusive draw, simply purchase ANY stationery products before 31 January and fill out the details on the entry form at the bottom of your store receipt. How easy is that?
The wonderful Got It Covered slip-on book covers (that’s right, no more sticky, time-consuming contact!) are in stock … plus all your Back to School needs including pencils, pens, markers, crayons, rulers, scissors, glue, notebooks, exercise books, calculators AND more!
Terms and conditions apply:
Have you heard about the range of slip-on book covers from Got It Covered? These amazing products save so much time during Back to School. No more sticky, messy adhesive contact. These fit right over your kids’ exercise books and protect them all year from wear and tear. The colourful designs will brighten the classroom and make learning fun!
Hurry, the designs are selling fast for the 2015 Back to School season!
A huge congratulations to Dave from Aspley who won our amazing 50″ LED Smart TV competition! Thanks to everyone who purchased a Maxi Quickpick and entered our exclusive in-store promotion. Nextra Chermside Newsagency to proud to support the local community with exciting giveaways and prizes.
Congratulations to the three lucky ladies who took home the prizes for our 2015 New Year Hamper competition! We hope you enjoy the yummy treats and goodies. Thanks to the winners Victoria, Jenny and Sally as well as everyone else who participated. Well done! Keep an eye out for our next exciting promotion at Westfield Chermside.
Welcome the New Year with a fantastic hamper to celebrate the start of 2015. Simply fill out your entry form after making any purchase at Nextra Chermside Newsagency, NewsExtra Chermside or Nextra Express Chermside before New Year’s Eve. Good luck! Terms and conditions apply: see below for details.
1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions: Instructions and information on how to enter the promotion form part of these terms and conditions, and entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Promoter: The promoter is Barmah Pty Ltd as the Trustee for the Hickey Brothers Unit Trust trading as Nextra Chermside Newsagency (ABN 71 620 588 264) at Shop 384-385 Westfield Shoppingtown, Cnr Gympie and Hamilton Roads, Chermside Queensland 4032. Telephone number 07 3350-2766 (Promoter).
3. Promotion Period: Entry to the promotion is open from Saturday 27 December 2014 until 6:00pm on Tuesday 30 December 2014. Entries for this promotion will be only accepted during this time. (Promotion Period)
4. Eligibility: Entry to the promotion is open to all customers of the Promoter.
5. How to enter:
5.1 To enter, entrants must make any purchase at Nextra Chermside Newsagency, Nextra Express Chermside or NewsExtra Chermside that is not refunded.
5.2 Entrants must fully complete an entry form and place it in the entry container.
6. Prizes: There are three (3) prizes for the Promotion: each is an identical hamper valued at over $100.00. If a prize is not available for some reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for another of similar value.
7. Prize Winners: Winners will be notified by telephone to arrange collection of the prize in-store at Nextra Chermside Newsagency Shop 384-385 Westfield Shoppingtown, Cnr Gympie and Hamilton Roads, Chermside Queensland 4032. If the person is unable to be contacted within 72 hours after the close of the promotion then the next selection of a winner will be made. Each winner will be chosen at random from the entry container.
8. Delivery of Prizes: All prizes must be collected in-store at Shop 384-385 Westfield Shoppingtown, Cnr Gympie and Hamilton Roads, Chermside Queensland 4032 and recipients of prize(s) must show current proof of age identifying 18 years or over.
9. No right to transfer prize: The right to a prize is not transferable or assignable to another person.
10. Validity of entries: The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of an entry or disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers withthe entry process. The decision to verify, validate or disqualify an entry is in the Promoter’s absolute discretion.
11. Computer system issues: No responsibility is accepted for incorrect entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer system or social network, software or Internet difficulties, including any damage to an entrant’s computer, resulting from participation in the promotion. Any cost associated with accessing or submitting an entry is the entrant’s responsibility.
12. Force Majeure: If the Promoter is prevented from or delayed in performing an obligation by Force Majeure then the obligation is suspended during, but for no longer than, the period the Force Majeure continues and any further period that is reasonable in the circumstances. “Force Majeure” means an event beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, which occurs without the fault or negligence of the Promoter.
13. Delay or modification to conduct of the promotion Subject to obtaining the approval from the regulator (if applicable), the Promoter reserves the right to delay or modify any aspect of this promotion if for any reason it is not capable of running as planned (including without limitation, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, technical failures, power failures or due to any other causes unforeseen or beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion) but only to the extent necessary to overcome the issue that is affecting the running of the promotion as planned.
14. Privacy: The Promoter is authorised to collect certain personal information for the purpose of entry into the Promotion and to be used in the Promoter’s future marketing and promotional campaigns.
15. Promoter responsible for Promotion: The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever or personal injury suffered or sustained in relation to the promotion or a prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
16. Time: All references to time in these terms and conditions are a reference to Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
How would you like the chance to win a huge 50″ Full HD Smart LED-LCD TV? Simply purchase any Maxi Quickpick at Nextra Chermside Newsagency, Nextra Express Chermside or NewsExtra Chermside to go in the draw. Wouldn’t that be a great way to start the new year!
The TV features:
- Full HD 1080p resolution with 3D capabilities
- Google Chrome Web Browser
- Google Play Store
- 8GB Internal storage
- Record Live TV (requires external HDD)
- USB Digital Media Player
- 2.4/5Ghz Dual band Wi-Fi for connecting to your wireless network
- 3 x USB inputs
- 4 x HDMI inputs
- Air Wand Bluetooth Remote Control (which we’ve tested – it’s lots of fun!)
Have you heard about the massive $30 Million Megadraw on Saturday 03 January? Why not get your Maxi Quickpick entry for this draw and be in the running for a new TV, too? We hope to see you soon here at Westfield Chermside Shoppingtown.
Terms and conditions apply:
Terms and conditions apply:
In addition to our regular Tuesday Oz Lotto syndicates (Winners Are Grinners, Triumphant Tuesdays and Hello Hawaii), we are running a NEW Stuff Your Stocking syndicate for this massive jackpot. This ticket combines four System 11 games with two System 10 games to give the 25 shareholders 1,560 chances to win from the $30 MILLION prize pool.
Oz Lotto, also known as ‘Oz’, is a national lottery game offering players the chance to Live Life. The game was launched as Oz Lotto in 1994, and is played on Tuesday nights. Oz Lotto was changed to Oz 7 Lotto for the first Oz 7 Lotto draw on October 18, 2005 and was changed back to Oz Lotto on April 11, 2012. Oz Lotto has 7 numbers, with 7 prize divisions.
Hurry, these entries are selling fast. Good luck! Remember to have fun and play responsibly.
At Nextra Chermside Newsagency, we endeavour to support our local community and share their creative successes with our wonderful customers. Today we are proud to announce our store at Westfield Chermside will stock Our Love Was on the Wing by Nudgee author Regis Hickey.
Regis Hickey, the principal author of Our Love Was on the Wing has taken the characters Michael and Mary from the famous Irish song The Fields of Athenry and created a novel set in the convict settlement of Sydney in the early 1800s. While Regis has used the last three years to write the novel he had been considering the idea for the past twenty. Currently he is living in the retirement village of Viridian at Nudgee, Queensland. This is his first novel.
Mary Murphy, the contributing author is currently teaching at Unity College, Caloundra. Mary would say her role was an advisory one and Regis was the principal author.
The pseudonyms the author, Regis Hickey, and contributing author, Mary Murphy, have used in Our Love was on the Wing are those of their grandparents, Jim Healy and Mizpah Closkey.
This novel successfully blends both the historical and fiction so that its readers will get insights into the personalities of authentic Governors and early English settlers of Australia as well as possible characters that could have existed at that time. There’s romance, pathos, failure and success with the heroes and the villains. You will think you have the plot worked out only to find out you have not: and finally when you have read the last sentence you will want to thank both Regis and Mary for having given you a most enjoyable read.
It is the type of novel that film directors and TV Mini-series producers are looking for as Australians are becoming more and more interested in their past. Make sure you read it before you see it. An ideal Christmas present and holiday read.
Our Love Was on the Wing can be purchased from Nextra Chermside Newsagency for $19.95. Hurry, limited stock available.
Season’s Greetings from our team at Westfield Chermside! We thought we’d share our Christmas Trading Hours to help you plan ahead for the big day. If you require any assistance during the Christmas period with gift ideas or finding the perfect greeting card, visit our helpful staff in-store where we strive to offer good old-fashioned customer service. Let us put the joy back in your Christmas shopping!
|Date||Day of Week||Open||Close|
|15-Dec||Mon||8 am||6 pm|
|16-Dec||Tue||8 am||6 pm|
|17-Dec||Wed||8 am||7 pm|
|18-Dec||Thu||8 am||9 pm|
|19-Dec||Fri||8 am||7 pm|
|20-Dec||Sat||8 am||6 pm|
|21-Dec||Sun||9 am||6 pm|
|22-Dec||Mon||8 am||8 pm|
|23-Dec||Tue||8 am||Non-Stop Shop|
|24-Dec||Wed||Non-Stop Shop||5:30 pm|
|25-Dec||Thu||Closed: Christmas Day|
|26-Dec||Fri||8 am||6 pm|
|27-Dec||Sat||8 am||5 pm|
|28-Dec||Sun||9 am||5 pm|
|29-Dec||Mon||8 am||6 pm|
|30-Dec||Tue||8 am||6 pm|
|31-Dec||Wed||8 am||6 pm|
|1-Jan||Thu||10 am||4 pm|
|2-Jan||Fri||8 am||6 pm|
|3-Jan||Sat||8 am||5 pm|
|4-Jan||Sun||9 am||5 pm|